Skip to main content

Tuesday's Ramblings

It's Tuesday and I'm rambling again. We had a good speech session, I watched and wrote a bit because she was doing so well. Tomorrow she goes to preschool for half a day. She'll be home just in time to eat a little bit of lunch and to go to therapy. I realized today that I have $6 in cash for gas and $6 in my bank account. It's only the 16th and we have 7 more days of therapy to get to.

I bought pull-ups last night and that small pack has to last as long as possible. My husband for the moment gets paid next week, out of that he has to pay at least one week of his child support that is behind to stay out of jail and put gas in his car to get to work the next week. We a couple things here but some of them will just have to wait.

My two rescued cats are almost out of food once again. They are going threw twice as much since they're outside. The neighbors cats seem to be coming to eat. I think I have to figure out how to get the food concealed so that just my two can find it. I want a new home or at least one the roof doesn't leak on and that's on a foundation because of the storms we have here. I can't stand tornado watches or warnings. I don't care to act out the scene from "The Wizard of Oz" where the house flies through the air.

I wanted a house that was paid for when it was built, I have a feeling to do that I'll have to downsize a great deal. At the moment we'd be in a three room shack to make it a reality. I need new furniture anyway, although I'm not ready to be limited to a couch, kitchen and closet size bathroom.

I was looking through some old pictures and I miss the days that I cared enough to put my makeup on, do my hair and could afford to buy nails just to take the picture. One day maybe I'll do my make up again, but before I invest in anymore I need to get new glasses along with a new eye exam. That may have to wait until the rear brakes on my truck and the $1,000 plus dollars worth of debt that we ended up in have caused. I know my divorce has to wait I'm making sure that he takes care of the mess he caused if I have to put up with him another year. He just doesn't know the divorce is off, only postponed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!