Skip to main content

Frustrations

IWhat I'm thinking at the moment does't fit on either my family or my working blog so it's going here. I'm a freelance writer for those of you that don't know. I work from home producing content for various websites. Well recently a site that I used to earn enough to cover the bills on when I didn't have outside work there has been a drastic change in the way payments are now made. Although only $20 of the earnings I'll receive on the 10th are from the previous upfront payment system. The rest was from ad revenue. July payout I had $135 in upfront payments.

Well, it's kind of obvious I was more than a little distracted the last month the system did me any good. The new changes are being made strictly with profit in mind. Not the writers and an ignorant, arrogant, lying jackass is screaming that it's in EVERYONE'S best interest. Not to be bitchy or anything but I'm betting that the donkey couldn't afford my basic needs never mind my wants as you have to take your head out of your ass to earn a living.

The highlight of my day was taking my little girl to a pancake breakfast where she had her pictures made with Santa clause. Other than the payment thing that has been causing a lot of upset since it's announcement the worse part of the day was missing most of Sex and the City the movie. Oh well at least the movie comes on again tomorrow.

It's a good thing I've been working to reduce expenses lately. Although I would prefer this be by choice instead of once again being because income has almost disappeared. I took time off that apparently I should have spent working my ass off to build up savings for this particular situation. I got two appointment books today. One weekly planner and a monthly planner. I have to keep up with bill due dates and appointments. I get to spend ten minutes a day five days a week rating to keep a rating star for ad revenue. I'm really glad that I stopped being a volunteer there shortly after the volunteer positions were created.

Funny you'd think that somehow sites that count on writers to produce the content that keeps them afloat would be fair to all of them. I hate having to search for work, I dislike bidding wars and prefer to write my own content with my own name because I can pick and choose what I write.

In the meantime I'm trying to write an article about the changes and the site. I'm having a bit of trouble though. I keep getting the urge to write what's on my mind and at this moment it would be considered to be vulgar and offensive to virgin eyes.

It's late and since I have no work at the moment I'll be waiting to update the working blog until I figure out where to cut expenses without upsetting my toddler. Now I'm going to have a cigarette and get some of the frustrations out. Luckily my neighbors are far enough away they can't hear what goes on in the house and if I happen to go outside to yell the ones closest on this side of the road can't hear from inside their house.

Did I mention I want both these movies? My toddler keeps breaking my DVD's so I've got to find a new form to keep movies on that she can't destroy.





Comments

Dee said…
I feel for you. No kids here, mine are grown, but now I won't have money for medicine. :( Hang in there !

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.