Skip to main content

It's definitely Monday

Well, I can tell it's Monday already. Of course being as it's half past noon I should know it's Monday by now. I have been looking at the budget, yes I'm bringing it up again. I have the feeling that we'll be scraping by on the skin of our teeth, cutting a few corners in the new year. The pest control is the first casualty since that's $33 a month that we can see immediately as being used elsewhere or saved. The last is not likely for a few months.

I'm still trying to see how much electricity we used this month. The budget amount for the bill is $200 each month; the last bill showed that so far we have a credit of $76.34. That's not too bad of course the summer hasn't gotten here yet so there could still be an amount that we have to pay when the budget billing is reviewed. I'm tired of having to unplug behind everyone and I'd love to have a working dryer so the laundry didn't pile up when it was cold or rainy.

I have to have Internet access to work which I haven't done much of lately so I guess I can get a plan with limited access until I go back full time. The cable it's a luxury that can be reduced to keep the cable bill down. OK I'm gone, this is getting depressing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.