Skip to main content

It's Only Wednesday? Hurry up vacation

OK it's just after six in the freaking morning and I've been up for half an hour. I've already had time for a cup of coffee with hot cocoa and whip cream to see if I couldn't get an extra dose of wake up this morning and a raisin swirl bagel with cream cheese just because I wanted it. I can't stand mornings, not really sure what I have against them unless it's the fact that I'm tired and it's cold out. 

Theresa was up in the middle of the night crying, sort of. When I went to find out what was wrong, her blankets were how she wanted them. That means they'd come off of here and ended up in a nice little ball, she was cold and she was mad about it. I don't blame her, I get mad when I'm cold too. I got her covered back up and she went right back to laying down quietly until she could get back to sleep. I know she was quiet because I had trouble getting to sleep after that; I was afraid she'd wake up cold again and I wouldn't hear here.

Today is another preschool day. After Monday I'm a little weary of sending her but I'm going to see how she is when she gets up. She's been fine at home but not social at the clinic yesterday. She just may have been in her own little world. Saturday she's going to the clinic from 1-5 so I can do some Christmas shopping. Not sure what I'm doing it with since my budget for it has disappeared rather quickly.

I only have one phone bill left to pay. There is less than a $1 in my checking account so that comes out of my paypal. I have to buy pull-ups, toilet paper and my one bad habit cigarettes to last until the next payday. That leaves very little to buy Christmas with, Theresa has a birthday coming up two days after the holiday. I think I'll limit the girls to $5 gifts this year. That's sad but that would be the reality of it and even that could be putting higher hopes than my income at this point will allow.

OK I have to attempt to work some this morning before I get Theresa up and ready in half an hour. I also have to do laundry today that I haven't felt like doing or had time to do the last two days. I'm still rearranging her room and guess what? It's too small for all the furniture that's crammed into it. I need more little people clothes hangers and I'm wondering if I do a search of the house if I'll find them. OK I'll be back later to bore you with more details you probably don't want to know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!