Skip to main content

Wondering about this and that.....

First I'm wondering why Firefox won't display all the images that I need it to. I still haven't figured out where to go in order to get it to display everything it's supposed to. I'm wondering if I should have just done the original blog as Odds and Ends and made pages out of the other two. Sounds silly to have that dawn on me now. I wonder if I can merge the three? Probably not because each one is supposed to focus on something.

One is to focus on family and writing, one on work and savings and this one. Well, this one is to let my mind wander off. You know I've noticed that updating them each and everyday is sometimes easier said than done. I also noticed that I don't know where I put the list of blogs I'm following so others can click to read them if they want.

I know January will see changes to my Internet at least. I'm opting for the one that's half of what this one is when it's not on special. I have to make some changes to the television service too. Problem. The only change takes away the "On Demand" which saves a small fortune in movie rentals and buying videos for the kid to decide she doesn't like them in a day or so. It also keeps me from stepping on DVD's that she's broken.

I just realized it's been at least a year since I watched any of the movies on tape around here. Well, if we cut the cable off I'm sure I will but probably not. I'm thinking that I should go through them and take the ones I want to a safe place away from toddler hands. I'm looking for a smaller portable alternative to the bulky VHS and DVD that are everywhere here. Stacks and stacks of things I like at one time, watched a few dozen times and got bored of.

Well, it's only 7 at night and I'm exhausted. The weather report if for overnight thunder storms and I want to be asleep for those. I also want to be out of this trailer and on the ground soon. I'm afraid that I'll never be on the ground again though. Ten years ago the plan was to build a house beside where this sits and have this moved out. Actually, it's been eleven years now and I'm no closer than I was then. Oh well, I'll think of something. At this point I'm willing to help lay the foundation and learn to frame to get it done. I can do all the painting inside myself as long as no one's around to distract me or I'm not in a hurry.

Well, that's it for today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!