Skip to main content

Wow! Where are the flying cars?

OK so it's 2011 and so far I've seen wind and rain. When does the fun start? My brother in law tried to call at 1 am. He's either not that bright or he wanted to begin the New Year on my bad side. I just love the phone waking me in the middle of the night when there isn't anything wrong.

I'm wondering where the "Jetsons" and "One Tree Hill" went on my "On Demand" menu. That's a rather silly thing to wonder but it's what's in my head at the moment. I'm watching a "Dallas" marathon, so far the episodes are one I've never seen because they came on before I was born and didn't make it to the regular re-run rotation.

Theresa just drew all over her little stomach with a dry erase marker. She's four and she's already figured out how to go turn on my television in my bedroom and put it on whatever channel she feels like watching at the moment. I do wish that she'd listen a bit better but that's Theresa in her own world trying to do whatever she wants to do.

I work from home and because of it I catch a lot of........well, to prevent a profane rant I'll say misunderstandings. I want to move but I don't know where. I'd like to have a house built the way I want but I'm not sure that I'll ever be able to afford that. I just lost my thought so I'll being going now.

Comments

Anonymous said…
before...you...were....born?? Now, I feel old. :P
Laurie said…
OK maybe I was a year or two old by the time they came on.

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.