Skip to main content

Love Hate Relationship with the Morning

For years now I have had a sort of love/hate relationship with mornings. On one hand I enjoy sleeping in until noon, on the other I have children and can't do that. One of two things typically happens each day or actually one of three. What are they?
1. I typically oversleep and run around the house like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get out the door in time.
2. I wake up on time and still end up running behind as I attempt to relax just a few minutes before I get the baby up.
3. I wake up early enough to enjoy my coffee and check my email before anyone else gets up only to be so tired mid-day that I can barely keep my eyes open.

The last few weeks I've been attempting to schedule work around everything that I have coming up and the only conclusion that I can come to is that I need more hours in the day. I was going to go back to work outside the home but I'm resistant to do that. I don't want to leave the baby in daycare and I really don't want to leave her with a sitter. It's been my experience that people do not listen so I have no choice but to continue to think about the choice.

I was hoping to go back to work once she was in school for a full day. There is a slight problem even though the local Autism Clinic is closing she's still going to have all of her therapy sessions. I could cancel a few of them to leave room for other children but I'm not sure that's the best idea. Of course with the fact that I have to drive her will have a large impact on my budget. I'm still figuring all of that out but I have a feeling that one way or another things will work out the way that they are supposed to.

Now to figure out what I'm going to do about my relationship with the mornings. I guess it'll work itself out eventually. I'm more of a night person and that has always caused me a problem or two.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!