Skip to main content

Did This Day Really Happen?

Did it? I mean it seems a bit surreal now. I mean it started normal enough my soon to be ex went back to his old job without any trouble. I put the kiddo on the school bus, he came home I went to work. I did laundry etc. Well we tried to go to therapy and the bottom fell out. They called to say we didn't have to go but we were already on our way so I said we'd be there. We should have been in about ten more minutes, wrong. The bottom fell out, I couldn't see a foot in front of me, water was standing in the road and everyone was speeding up. These people ain't that bright. Anyway I called them to tell them I was wrong and we were going home.


This is where it gets cuter. We turn around during a break in the rain and after I turn down a side street to get off the four lane, it stops completely. Lovely. I gave up and we came home. I had a confused child on my hands since we came back to where we had started at. Well, my soon to be ex went to work and stopped to pick up some stuff that I had loaned out for me since I couldn't afford to go and it was right by where he works. All is sort of normal now. 


Later this evening he got a call from the job that let him work one day and let him go because of something from twenty years ago. They had realized that it was twenty years ago and they wanted him to go back to work first thing in the morning and to call to get a schedule. At first he said yes then we talked and decided that no matter how badly we might need the money right now he was not going to leave his current job again after the man gave it back to him. 


Oh well, It's been a long day and I have to get back to life so I'll be going now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!