Skip to main content

Spoiled

I have been rather spoiled to having central heating and cooling over the years but at the moment I would be at the mercy of space heaters while I wait for my duct work to be repaired. I have noticed that I get hot easier with the space heaters. It'll be the 25th of this month before I know how the heaters have been on the light bill. I can't wait to get the convince of being able to turn on the central unit but I will be turning it on lower now and I may use a space heater or two to keep it a bit warmer while we're awake. They come with automatic shut offs and thermostat setting now. The living room is a bit big to use just one but the bedrooms and bathrooms can be heated nicely with them.

I have noticed that I have a few friends, one in particular that I can count on when things get rough. I am thankful for them, I have no idea what I did to deserve them but I am glad that I have them. This month was rough and it shows no signs of getting better but somehow they make it better. Monday or the day after I have to decide whether or not to pay my Internet bill. It'll cut off if I do not and have to be left until the first of the month.

Now I have some other things to do so I'll be going.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.