Skip to main content

Not Able to Focus on Much

A sick child at home this week has made me unable to focus on anything much including work. Tropical storm Isaac teased rain for a few days before he actually delivered and there were tornado warnings issued in the evening and overnight hours. That is never comforting to wake up to hear first thing in the morning. 

I have trouble focusing when my kid's father sleeps because you can hear him snoring outside and he refuses to go to bed during the day. Instead he sits in the living room, a few feet from my computer and snores I do believe it's because he knows and I cannot think over it and he's trying to cause problems. He has yet to understand that his check doesn't even cover gasoline expenses yet he gets to live worry free at times causing me so much stress the urge to choke him to death shake the hell out of him is too strong to resist. 

I have been sick as well, and the appearance of a rather short deadline (which I happened to miss twice) put me in a panic. I am glad that I can finish the project to get paid......but I do not like the particular set up. I was in a real panic when I thought my book was lost but once again I managed to get it back.

Well, I got part of it back, I lost almost half of it. The good news is that I have additions to add that will make up for some of it and part of the lost words are in the notebook I began writing the book in. I will be buying a stronger notebook to start the next book in and not typing any of it until I'm complete. I may just start working in the bedroom provided I can shut it off and make it cold as ice in there. 

OK in the meantime, I got to get back to work provided I can find the sources that I had earlier. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!