Skip to main content

Saturday Evening Post

Well, the first week of school has come and gone. Homework came home on day two with two days to complete. That was good since the rain caused me to drip all over it when I took it out of the baby’s bag. We’re still attempting to get through the math book that was sent home at the beginning of summer.

I managed to get some work done this week, even with a few connection issues. Gentle went to the vet to get fixed, and eight of the nine remaining puppies went to a no kill shelter. I kept Junior. I couldn’t help myself I had to have one of them. He was two months old Wednesday.

He’s adorable, and acts about like an actual baby. Like the other two he has no idea he’s not an actual child. Johnny is still shoving me off the bed in the middle of the night. Junior is climbing into chairs by himself, and already begging for food. Gentle went to the Vet Tuesday; there will be no more litters for her. No more puppies to find homes. Sylvester (the cat) was fixed shortly after I got him.

Potty training Junior is going to be fun, puppy pads should be labeled as puppy repellant. Leashes should be sold in the snack aisle. Like his father junior appears to have an appetite for all things non-food and destroyable. He also has the habit of waking me up whining in the middle of the night for attention, just to curl up in a basket and go back to sleep.
Of course if my children had the habit of going to sleep when they woke up in the night as babies I would have loved it. They didn’t of course, well the baby didn’t the oldest slept long enough to make it through most of the night.


Well, that’s the week summed up. Here’s hoping next week doesn’t hold any four in the morning wake up calls.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!