Skip to main content

Weight Loss Challenge for 2015

I did not make resolutions for the new year. Instead I made plans. They are rough but they give me a guideline to go by, and goals for the new year. Among this is weight loss because I miss feeling good just by looking in my mirror. 
lonely candle

I will be turning 39 this year. My oldest child is 15 and the youngest is 8. I am not getting any younger, and my life is not what I had envisioned but it is my life just the same. I don't celebrate my birthday, it's not something I care to do.

The holiday treats seem to have added weight to the weight I was already fussing over. I hope to lose 50 pounds by the end of 2015. That's not unreasonable as it is only an average of a little over four pounds a month to lose. About a pound a week. 

What are you fighting in 2015? I have to find motivation to move more; baby steps so I do not strain, tear or break anything. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!