Skip to main content

Pleasant Surprises

As a general rule, I don't like surprises, they are usually bills that I didn't realize where coming in or are larger than I thought they would be. Then there are those surprises that I adore getting.

Early Morning Text

I adore early morning text. They show me that people are thinking of me; it is better when it is the person I woke up thinking about. Then there are the messages I didn't notice when they came in, the ones that are sweet with images if flowers, hearts, sweet sayings or coffee.

Getting What I Asked For...

Rarely do you get what you asked for when you rely on others to have the brains remember things when you can not. I had asked for boxes, a few weeks later I got my boxes. Now I am packing things that are currently not in use to keep them out of the way while I clean without room to put everything. 

Things I did not ask for...

Couch. My couch was falling apart, I did not want to buy one until I found a two bedroom apartment. The lady that performs my weekly bible study found one for me. Her daughter was moving, since the family was only taking what they could fit into a car the couch was no longer of use to them.

Smiles

Today as I spend my time scrubbing floors, boxing items, and other general mundane task I have a smile on my face. Waking up at 3am might not be amusing, but getting a text from someone dear before you can fall asleep makes it all worth it.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Starting Over. Again.

Life never goes the way we plan and that's okay. We just had a major change that I tried and tried to plan for only to have my plans fall apart every. single. time. It was when I stopped with the obsessive planning and pulling my hair out that it all came together. We're doing pretty good while we make the adjustment to home. Here's hoping that we'll be completely back on track soon.



Until next time, never listen to the voice that says you can't. Find the voice that says Fuck it I'm doing it.

Killing Us Softly: Becoming the Surviving Spouse of Cancer (Review)

Killing Us Softly: Becoming the Surviving Spouse of Cancer by Red Dwyer is something that I recently had the pleasure of reading. 

Red takes you through the first hand journey of becoming the surviving spouse when cancer hit family. She takes you through the diagnosis and the aftermath of losing a spouse while raising small children.