Skip to main content

Wishes and Wants

Of course since I'm broke until at least one of my payments gets processed I'm wishing and wanting things just because I don't have the money to go get them. There are a few dozen items on Amazon.com I want just to have something to enjoy and a couple dozen more I could actually use. The items that I could use would save me money after the initial costs and it would only take a month or two of using them to get back my investment.

I find myself in need of a new pair of shoes, I have a pair that is starting to break down and hurt my feet. The pair I replace with them is still OK on the outside but they hurt my feet. I found myself trying to wear a pair of old boots I used to wear to work in today. It didn't take long to realize why I don't wear them anymore. Leather is not a very forgiving material when it comes to shoes, while it may be fine for a jacket on your feet it can be pure torture when you actually expect to use what you have purchased once it gets wet and the material has shrunk.

I am reading Wife No. 19 in my spare time, I have it stored in Google Docs so that it does not take up my precious memory on my computer. It's an interesting read I just wish there was a feature to allow me to go directly to the last page I read instead of scrolling down the side to find the page. I installed Kindle for PC a few days ago and have one book on it that I'm waiting to read until I finish this one. Well, I don't earn wishing and I can't get what I need with them so I'll be going now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.