Skip to main content

Visible Progress

While I have things stacked all over my living room at the moment the absence of an old worn out chair that made it to the side of the road gives me a visible sign of progress to enjoy. I am currently shoving things in a dresser that is used to catch anything and everything to make the living room presentable. Once the large items are out of the house I intend to go through it. It's time to make a list for my child's grandparents once again.

Christmas and Birthdays are close for my girls. The youngest is in constant need of therapy supplies so I'm starting with those. She needs new dry erase markers and lined paper for practicing her letters. We need 12 and 24 piece puzzles with and without the picture underneath. Hopefully all big enough not to fall into the vents. Then there are a few pants, some socks and a pair of tennis shoes that she is going to need for school. If I let them buy clothing it has to be for school or else I'll end up with a million things she outgrows before she ever wears because she does not need day to day clothes. Only specific colors and types of clothing can be worn to school.

Tomorrow Theresa has preschool in the morning followed by speech and occupational therapy in the afternoon. When those two appointments are over we go to the doctor's office for her Autism consult which means that the doctor has to take blood. I hope that it's a finger stick and not an actual blood draw. She did good for the last finger prick but the blood draws they may need to hold her down. I want to cry every time she has blood drawn. I will get the list of her supplements and current doses tonight to take with us tomorrow. I will also make a separate list to take to the pharmacy and replace the ones she's out of with.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.