Skip to main content

A Birthday Flood

Happy Birthday to me! I'm still a bit under the weather from the weekend, and the schools are letting out early today as a result of flooding. Not early enough for me given my road had a bad spot for flooding that the bus has to drive through to bring the baby home, but earlier than normal. I'm hoping they will drive the route backwards. I am also hoping there is no lightening when I go to get her off the bus.

The rain began last night, at first it wasn't that bad. Then the thunder started to shake things up a bit. Well, I managed to make it through the first round even laying down to ease the pain in my neck. The second round, well at about 1 a.m. I had almost dozed off just to bolt upright in bed at the sound of tornado sirens. Bolting upright in bed after spending a couple hours trying to find a position your neck does not result in anything but unbearable pain.

Well, it's getting closer to 11, so I'll be going. I have to find something to cover my head before the baby gets out of school. I do hope the bus drops her off first with this mess, but she is the last one on the route.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Laurie... just found your blog only to find YET ANOTHER Aquarian woman in the RP bunch!! Happy Birthday, hope y'all stayed dry and BIG hope your pain decreases exponentially!!

:)
janet
Laurie said…
Thank you Janet! It has gotten much better!

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.