Skip to main content

Semi-productive

OK so the checklist does help, especially in the new format. I could actually see what was accomplished last week.

By Wednesday I had finished up the videos and reading for the first week of class and managed to get 9 out of 10 on the first quiz. The only thing I had not accomplished were the journal entries for the project. Those require a bit more time, and are achieved from news stories. Long story, boring but I'll get it done.

Wednesday also say the completion of my child's four days of homework and a visit to private speech. She did awesome, learned a new game (dots) by observation only. She was not given the rules first on purpose because she is so visual.

Report cards and progress reports for the IEP came out on Wednesday. That baby had 2's on the IEP report; the actual report card showed her at or above grade level in all but one skill area. Story retelling which is trademark of her diagnosis. No worries about first grade, yet. We might have some once she gets there.

The week also found my laundry slowing getting caught up. Put away where it's supposed to be and my whites attempting to turn white again. It also found my child's long lost bedroom floor. This was my happiest moment, now to get the rest of the abundance of clothes that no longer fit her out of it to make room for the ones that do.

I managed to pull each one of my WIPs out of the folders and at least outline them, again. I even wrote content for some, while noting things that would fix gaps in the story lines.

Well, lots to do and little time so I'll be going. That list isn't going to dwindle itself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!