Skip to main content

Sunday Evening Ramblings

The day to day is often boring as it can be when we do not look past the things immediately in front of us. Recently I discovered that this is what I had been doing and I’m tired of it. There have been a lot of changes recently, all good though confusing at times.

I have uprooted my child, and unitentionally gotten rid of nearly everything that I own. In the end it was a drastic change but I can replace all of it. Now the question becomes how much of it do I actually need/want to replace. I am setting into a new normalcy that is far more normal than I have been used to in recent years.

It is a rather nice change. The quarters are smaller than I am accustomed but even that is a good thing. The paperwork will be filed soon, and my largest headache will be designated to a small corner where I am no longer bothered by anything that it does.

Have a pleasant afternoon.

Comments

Unknown said…
Material things are of no importance when stacked against the real
meaning of life, it will take time to adjust but what a feeling of positivity
it must be to finally push the boundaries and start over afresh.

Well done Laurie and I wish
you well in your new surroundings :)

Andro xx
Laurie said…
Yes, they are of no importance against the actual, real meaning of life. Thank you for reminding me.

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.