Skip to main content

Minds wandering away again

Actually if my mind wanders any farther away I won't have one at all. My proud of me moment today came when I managed to refill my black ink cartridge without getting ink on the table. I did however get it on my hands and shirt in one small spot.

Theresa and I stopped at the grocery store after speech. I went over board a bit but I got what we needed. The store didn't have baby wipes or pull-ups so I went next door to get them. While I was there I noticed that the exact stain remover I'd just bought was about 40 cents less. I made a mental note not to buy it again if it was over $2.50, that is if it works like it's supposed to and get the stains out of my clothes.

I've gained a 6th of a pound since the 1st. OK so that's being a bit obsessive but that's my mind set at the moment. I think I want to go finish the degree I started but I don't want to have to physically sit in class. I'm looking into going online but I'm not sure a grant would cover that. I paid the difference when I withdrew that last time to keep from flunking so I may qualify. It's too late to do it for this semester b/c registration is almost here. I'd prefer to have online courses to prevent having to leave Theresa for an extended period of time. I went back to school with a child in day care and a job once, well that didn't go so well.

I'm trying to find information on CLEP tests and schools that take them. There are some other tests that I never took that I would like to take but I need time to prepare for them. I have to go renew my library card so I can check out the study guides for them. I don't want to buy the study guides and the local library loans books for a month at a time. I can't take Theresa in case she has an episode, I'd love to take her though. I wanted to do the summer reading program last year but we had summer speech so she couldn't participate.

I'm tired now and my mind is wandering a lot so I'm gonna go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!