Skip to main content

Still Cleaning Things Out

I'm still cleaning things out and attempting to get rid of everything but what I actually use and will continue to use. That's easier said than done. About the only thing that I accomplished today was to do a load of laundry and start another one in addition to doing revisions that will probably be returned and writing one new article that was accepted within minutes. That wasn't how I wanted to begin the day but I take it as a lesson learned that next time I have five days to do something I'll take more than a day and make sure I've covered all my bases by proofing it more than twice as I write it.

I did remember to put some of the over concentrated five gallons of laundry soap that I made into a smaller vinegar bottle and dilute it just a little bit to keep from having to rinse the clothes twice for soap residue. At the moment I would have a load of jeans in the machine that I really need to find hangers to put them on so they'll dry. Funny thing is I only saw one or two pair of my pants in there. Guess this means that my next payday I have to come up with some clothes. I don't know where they went but I'd love to figure it out. I need new shoes but the thought of shopping for them makes me feel a bit ill.

OK that's all of my ramblings for the day it's time to hang the pants up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.