Skip to main content

Getting Ready for the Weekend

It's Thursday which means that I am getting ready to spend the weekend working all night long. It's a must to ensure that I meet my self imposed deadlines. Today there is a trip to the school for AR with the kid. 

Tonight will be the last night until Sunday that I see my bed before midnight. Friday and Saturday I will be up into the morning just to make sure that I get what I want accomplished accomplished. 

There will be no social media or instant messaging while I work, any post I make will be done during the few minutes each hour I allow my mind to reboot. The breaks will be brief. Next week, I begin trying my hand at author interviews. 

I've read some amazing books lately and met some amazing people, so I'm going to see just how many of them I can get to come talk to me. OK until next time I'm going to see how much more I can knock off today's list of things to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.