Skip to main content

Dear Expenses

Dear expenses,

I am far from fond of you. Your existence is not one I wish to continue. You are a long time stress-er there appears to be no escape from even when I have you completely under control.
When others interfere I lose all control over you and find myself
panicking at the zero balance in my bank account. The things others would find helpful are not as they tend to project their own desires into every situation. I enjoy knowing that something paid in full without need for monthly payments. It ensures that I have one less thing to worry about forgetting in future.

I enjoy the safety of setting money aside for emergencies though this luxury is rare. I enjoy it when expenses are kept well below my monthly income, I consider it a victory. The challenge of lowering an already low expense is one I thrive on some days while others it has me pulling my hair out at the roots.

Most of all I enjoy that there is no longer anyone in my home to run you up for no reason at all. I got rid of the one who did not know it is an impossibility to spend more than you have. While I will never love you, I am less likely to hate you and more likely to accept you as a fact of life than before.

Sincerely,
Tired of Paying Expenses

Until next time I will enjoy the fact that I have paid a couple of expenses off and they will not repeat themselves in the near future.

#expenses #emergencyfunds #budgetingworries

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!