Skip to main content

Saturday Evening Post

Once again it is Saturday, and once more it is the time of year when we set our clocks ahead an hour. It has been an interesting week, let's chat.
Is it snowing yet?

The question at Christmas? Is it snowing yet? The answer then was No.  Thursday morning when she woke up I got to tell her that it snowed, three months after she asked for it. 

Now school has been out a total of seven days because of weather; the first five were ice days. The last two snow days. She did not care she played in both with delight. 

While Shorty enjoyed the snow and ice I fielded idiots. Her hair is once again an issue proving ignorance surrounds us. Assumptions are a sure fire way to make an ass of yourself, and sadly there are those that do it daily. Last week there were assumptions, next week I go back to counseling and have a lot to talk about.

Later this month we go back to Little Rock for her hearing. It is being monitored. 

I do not know how much longer I can put up with this place. I know if it were not for one of my best friends being here I would pack up and make a way to leave here.

Until next time may your life be free from assumptions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!