Thursday, July 2, 2015

Sitcoms from Yesteryear

In recent years I have found that I prefer watching shows from when  I was growing up and older. There are only a handful of shows that come on today that I sit down and watch. I have a tendency to stream things on my computer so that I can pick and choose what I watch and when I watch it.

Three's Company

Jack, Janet, Chrissy (Christmas), Cindy and Terri. I watch two shows a day minimum. It reminds me of a time when things were simpler. Laughter never goes out of style.

Doogie Howser M.D.

The child prodigy taught us a lot about life through his idealistic views. The awareness that he brought to injustices was something unexpected in the mist of the drama surrounding his same age peers. The episode where Doogie fights for an AIDS patient to continue painting with the children in the hospital touched my heart.

Bewitched

It is pure fantasy in a lot of ways. Never mind the magic, I'm talking about the romance.  A couple that puts up with the in-laws through misunderstandings, and plots against them while remaining completely in love with each other is something to shoot for.

There are more but I think I should examine this obsession with these three a bit closer. It is something that I have not done yet, and I am running short when it comes to things to write about that roll off the top of my head. So I am going to examine the shows that I watch. Perhaps there is a reason that I am watching them so faithfully.




Post a Comment