Skip to main content

Saturday again and nothing but wandering thoughts

It's Saturday again and I can't focus on anything. I did a load of laundry, got the husband to do a load of laundry and put up the clothes that were on the line from yesterday. Potty training isn't going well this weekend although Theresa has been left in her cloth training pants all day so far. That's good because I have one open pack of pull-ups until Wednesday and that pack has to last until only heaven knows when. I'm hoping until just the first of the month.

This Thanksgiving I will be alone, it is a luxury I will not have Christmas. The closer this holiday day gets the more I dread the next one. As many times as I have told people that I do not celebrate Christmas they refuse to respect the fact. It gets more irritating each year.

I just read a post about Vision Boards it sounds like putting goals where you can see them. It's worth a shot. I've done it before and had some luck but the things I wanted then were all obtainable with a little hard work. I think I may need the guide as blank as my mind has been lately. I went completely blank in therapy Friday. I tried to schedule therapy during school hours. That wasn't good. I've managed to end up with four blogs to keep up with now. I'm not sure how I'm managing to keep up with them all but I am. I am wondering right now how to get the text to wrap around the link to the book at the side. I think I'll stop before I end up with a few dozen things I didn't mean to add to this page. I am not sure why but it seems that every weekend I end up getting only a quarter of what I wanted to accomplish accomplished.The Complete Idiot's Guide to Vision Boards

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!