Skip to main content

No idea what I'm even thinking

OK today is the 10th and I've got $58.62 for groceries that was supposed to be for Christmas and Birthday's. That leaves me with the money to pay both my phone bills. At the rate things are going I'm going to have approximately $25 to get three kids Christmas and one a birthday present this month. I sent my oldest a card for her birthday without money in it. I didn't have it to send. This year sucks.

I hope to start earlier this coming year by picking them each up a little something at a time. The only problem with that is by the time the end of the year gets here both will have duplicates of something because grandparents like to shop. Their grandparents don't like to ask if you had plans or something you'd prefer to buy them either.

I just realized that the most work I've done this week has been on these blogs. That's good in a way but not good in others. For instance I don't get paid each and every month to write a blog. I have to focus more on working or I'm never gonna make it through the entire month. I had this figured out at the beginning of the month. I think that I have some money in my checking account that's not earmarked for bills but I'm going to need to put gas in the truck at some point.

I figured out that a tank a week for each vehicle at the current gas prices is at least $368 a month. I can't afford that. I'm going to try and not let either of them fall below half a tank but that's going to be rather difficult with the rising gas costs. Given the limited grocery budget I think I'll just get a few things to get us by.

Grocery list
6 packs of meat - $19.96 (separate and portion out to a piece per person per meal)
1/2 gallon of milk (Theresa likes cereal in the morning)
Fruit snacks -Theresa likes to take them to school
Sugar (we drink a lot of tea)
fruit, veggies - a few for the little one she likes them and it's hard to get them in her if we don't have them.

OK I'm gone today is passing me by and I've got to run errands so that we can get back to house cleaning. It's laundry day again........actually it's always laundry day I'm tempted to take some change and go to the laundromat just to get out of the house and not have to hang them out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!