Skip to main content

Cleaning Up a Bit

I've been cleaning up a bit today but I still managed to get a little and I mean a very little done around the house today. I managed to get a little bit of work done today just a few short articles. I've been running scans and removing programs I don't use and haven't used since they were installed. My computer is running faster already and I'm no where near done with the scans and the cleanup. In fact there is a scan running in the background right now. When it finishes I'm going to remove a few more programs and delete some files I don't want before I do another disk clean up and run another scan. I'm not thinking of it as losing time I could be working I'm thinking of it as decreasing the time it takes me to get things done.

It's amazing what you can accomplish while you're waiting on a computer to be scanned and cleaned out. I managed two loads of laundry, mostly made dinner and poured up the rest of my laundry detergent in a one gallon container. I also managed to make a five gallon bucket of laundry soap that should make ten gallons in the end. It's got double the cleaning ingredients so I should be able to use it half and half by pouring it in a re-purposed vinegar bottle.

I found the time to weigh myself I've lost 4 pounds since the year started. I found a number of tiny and not so tiny do it yourself projects that need to be done around here while I was cleaning up today. I'll get into those as I get to them. I don't plan to have them take very long and I don't plan to spend a lot of money to get them done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!