Skip to main content

Not Fond of Surprises

I'm not really fond of surprises but I got one today to prove it. My light bill came in. Not only is it $165 more than it was this time last year but it's made us go $158.92 over our monthly budgeted amount which means that we'll be seeing an increase in the amount that we pay for it very shortly when the settle up bill comes due. Ready for the actual bill amount? I wasn't but I'll tell you anyway. It was $405.72. There are three of us. My theory is that it has to do with the leaky roof, windows and falling duct work none of which I can afford to replace.

My other half doesn't listen he's trying to get us a mortgage we can't afford to pay on something larger. I'm trying to go smaller to encourage people to go home. We got the last of my other halfs tax forms and we're still waiting on my 1099 so we can file. I'm a good mind to do all of my adding by hand and go ahead and file them electronically. I have a feeling that we're going to be taking everything to a tax preparer this year to see if we can get a tax advance loan.

I have a lot of repairs to do which means spending money to save money. I'm currently doing my third load of laundry for the day so I'll be back later. I have to get a lot accomplished this weekend the little one is supposed to be napping but she's not. It's going to be a long weekend with potty training.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!