Skip to main content

Sort of a normal day today

OK so in an hour we're going to leave for speech therapy. It's the first session since last Tuesday and I'm really hoping that whatever problem that was going on has been resolved.Yesterday was a holiday and my little princess put her shoes on to go to therapy. Tomorrow is a school day, the second day she's been since the holidays. Poor little thing is so confused I can feel it, daddy did speech with her a few minutes yesterday.

The good news is that for today's appointment I can leave her in cloth. I just have to take extra clothes, underwear and plastic bags to bring them home in so they can be washed. Little one actually tries not to use the bathroom in her cloth, every time I put her in a pull-up even if it's over night she seems to lose a little bit of progress. I packed two extra outfits and five extra pairs of underwear. We'll be gone for just over an hour and a half so that should be enough. I'll make sure she's clean and dry before we leave. This is going to be tricky to take her to stores in real underwear. Fortunately today all we're doing is going to the ATM before we come home. We have to put gas in both vehicles. I don't know how much gas her dad needs to get by until Friday but I need at least another quarter of a tank.

Gas is back up to $3 a gallon which is rather high for my budget. I wrote two short articles today so that's good. I just claimed one that I have five days to do. That's good b/c we're about to get ready to go. I have to go to the ATM first so leaving now would be rather helpful. I'll be back later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!