Skip to main content

thinking

I was reading a blog post that lead me to read this article and it reminded me a little bit of spending time with my grandparents when I was little. They like Annie's parents were raised during the great depression. Anything saw as wasting got you in trouble.

Funny I see things that I want all the time that I never bother to buy. It's strange but once I get those things I never touch them again unless it's an electronic device. I actually use some of them. A few months ago I purchased a paper shredder, I've used it once. I bought it because I wanted to shred my junk mail and put it into compost with worms to make potting soil. I don't have any worms in the yard. I might but the ground isn't good for digging them with all the weeds out here. That and I can't remember how to do it anymore. I have to find the instructions for composting with worms. They turn kitchen scraps and stuff into potting soil. It's actually very interesting.

I realized that I have $82.44 in my textbroker account. I have a few more days to earn the rest of what I wanted to earn for the next payout request. At this rate I can safely say that I expect to get a 1099 from them at the end of the year. I have two short articles that haven't processed yet. If they do that'll give me $84.54. I only wanted $100 this payout so I'm close. I'll keep the goal there so it's easy to maintain focus and if I manage to go over it then that'll be great too. Well, I'm off to figure out what I have to do in the morning.

I know that grocery shopping while the little one is at school is on the list. I also know that I have to do some yard work before it gets hot if it's not raining or freezing cold tomorrow morning. I plan to spend some of next weekend outside. I realized today that I've spent most of the last four years indoors whether I wanted to or not. It's time to change that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.