Skip to main content

80 degrees in the house

Seriously it's almost 4:30 in the afternoon and it's right at 80 degrees inside. It's not even the first of March which means this summer is going to be rather unpleasant for us unless I find an air conditioning solution quickly. Another $400 light bill is one more than I can pay. We're $341 over budget which will get added to the actual bill that we have to pay during the month of October. At the rate we're going that'll be $1,000 easy.

I was reading Annie's post for the day and the dream home she mentioned looks nice. It's rather easy to maintain as well. I wouldn't be experiencing these air conditioning problems if I lived in it; a little time on a rack and a lot less money and it'd be taken care of. It finally got too hot in here for me so I turned the fan on for the central unit in addition to the fans that I have on in the windows and on the floor. The problem? I wouldn't be able to drive my own home.

In the meantime my tax refund (my portion of the refund) should be here by the end of March. By that time it'll be time to pay six months of auto insurance to make paying the monthly bills easier. There are two oil changes and tune ups. I need to put some money up for new tires on both vehicles. Hopefully that'll leave a little money to save for emergencies. Well, after I find a suitable air conditioning solution such as portable AC that can be moved if I ever manage to move and costs less to replace than the current unit costs to fix.

Well, I'm done complaining for the day so I'll be going.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.