Skip to main content

Time to Cut the Grass

Actually it's past time to cut the grass but the heat and the rain won't cooperate to get it cut. While we got a short light shower today the local weather man just said that it's moving toward the sea which means the rains that develop will last a bit longer. The bad news is that it's supposed to get hotter and the humidity will be bad. Tomorrow is supposed to be 97 degrees and the heat indexes this week are supposed to make it feel like 107. That means I have to be extra careful while I'm cutting the grass. I also get to watch gas prices for the best times to buy gas for the car and the lawnmower.

According to news reports tonight gas is supposed to go back up to $4 a gallon. That means I have to get some things in my yard that can be taken care of to cut down on the amount of grass to cut and provide us with a little bit of food.

Well, it's not raining at the moment and I have yard work to do before it gets dark. I have a lot to do in order to prepare for the kids at the first of next month and this is only half of it. I still have to figure out how to get my work done while they are here without staying up all night to get it done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.