Skip to main content

Mistakes and More Mistakes

It would that mistakes always pile up like an avalanche once you make the first one. It's not always easy to admit that you have made a mistake but when you do it's something that you have to learn from. The lessons that hurt the most are the most valuable to you even when you do not realize it at the time you are learning them.

Another painful lesson for me and I'll wear yet another scar with pride. I don't know how long it'll take this one to heal but I hope it's not long. I can not bear the thought of what I am about to do but I know that it is for the best. I just have to find the strength to do it. I may still change my mind about it.

I seem to have backed myself into a corner that I'm sure I want out of. I would be packing up to go away yet again. This time I will not be back for a very long time. I have no idea how long I will be gone but I know that I can not continue to live this way. I have things to do and people to take care of but only a few things that I actually care about here.

I never wanted to spend my life here and now I'm going to get the chance to correct being stuck here. I just hope that I make the most of it this time. I'll spend the morning listening to "The Broken Promise Land." While it's a bit depressing sadly it has a ring of truth. Oh well, that's life and nothing can be done about it.

I'll be going now that I have it permanently in my memory to play over and over like a broken record.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!