Skip to main content

Memories Can Haunt You

Memories are amazing things they can bring you joy and strength make you feel as if you could move a mountain or they can bring you such pain and sorrow that you believe you've been stuck by lightening never to recover. When those bad memories sneak up on you it can leave you in a daze to say the least. I would have had one of those sad memories sneak up on me recently and right into my dreams in the form of nightmares. It was a horrible day and I have tried to forget it but I never will.

The lessons in those memories that haunt us are ones that we should listen to. Never letting those you care about doubt that you care. When we realize the lessons that those memories are trying to remind us of they tend to fade to the back of our minds in such a way as to give us a slight smile at the thought of them. They made us who we are and for that we are thankful to them. The idea that we can erase our memories is a nice one until we realize that we need them to continue.

I know that I am not the only one that has memories that bring them down from time to time. While it took me a while I think that I have successfully worked through those memories in order to move on with my life. They seem to have come to tell me that I can survive anything no matter how bad it appears at first sight.

While the idea of having three failed marriages is not a nice one it is a realistic one so that's where we headed to reality. I just have to decide what I want once and for all. I also have to decide if I want more children or if I want to have my tubes tied. That's the hardest decision of all. Well, I've still got a lot to do so I'll be going now.


Comments

Dee said…
Memories are a bittersweet blessing. As you said, some of them are so sad or awful that they leave us paralyzed with fear - if we let them. I'm SO in agreement that we learn from the past, or we are doomed to repeat it.
Laurie said…
let's just hope we remember the lessons when we need them

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!