Skip to main content

Back to Work!!


It has been two weeks since my computer tore up. I have it back temporarily at the moment and am able to work. In fact I began the process of lowering bills already. My mother has had it for two weeks and finally said it was working well enough that I can use it. It is humming but it connects to the Internet and it stays on. I have to make up for the last two weeks and if I am online I find myself easily distracted so I decided to work offline while I catch up.

I even lowered my Internet bill for the time being. My mother purchased some groceries and gave me some money since I had been out of work and did not have a payday this past week. I put the groceries away figuring that we could make them last a few weeks and then I began the budgeting of the money that she gave me. First thing was to get my television out of the pawnshop, $62.50. (My youngest had been promised the Peanut Festival on Special Citizens Day)

She had a blast dragging me on rides that made me feel older than I realized I was as I got dizzy every time. Her father (my soon to be ex) watched and laughed the whole time. She ended up with a $5 frog when the man held the balloon so that she could just pop it with the dart. Somehow I we missed lunch because I was tired and dizzy causing us to sit down and lose track of time. Oh well.

I also invested in a portable Internet device and purchased one GB of Internet for $20. I figure that I can use that much easily and get a lot of work posted while I wait for mother to pick my computer back up to finish fixing it. My keys are sticking but I saw a keyboard for $10 that would be easier for me to use than the flat keyboard that is on it. There is an option for $10 Internet that would have me spending approximately $40 a month, $50 a month would get me unlimited access but I can not afford that right now. I spent more than I should on the device but I had to get back to work.

It took almost $60 to fill the tank on my Rodeo to get us back and forth for hopefully the next two weeks. I changed my phone to 20 cents a minute and placed $10 on it to use in an emergency. It was better than leaving it off I just had to disable incoming text messages to make it work. I don’t have to pay the bill again until the 8th of February so let’s hope I can stretch that $10 out some to make it easier for a while.

I refigured my basic expenses and I have a better understanding of what I need to do. That is a post for another day. I have to get back to work ASAP. I’m running back and forth from the housework to the keyboard to make sure I don’t get bored sitting in one spot.It has been two weeks since my computer tore up. I have it back temporarily at the moment and am able to work. In fact I began the process of lowering bills already. My mother has had it for two weeks and finally said it was working well enough that I can use it. It is humming but it connects to the Internet and it stays on. I have to make up for the last two weeks and if I am online I find myself easily distracted so I decided to work offline while I catch up.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.