Skip to main content

Spread Thin

I feel spread a bit thin but it seems that is the way that I like it. When I moved over to Word Press I thought that I would leave these three blogs behind but I don't seem ready to do that just yet. So in order to keep myself sane I am writing posts as they come to my head. I am often rambling endless thoughts out loud just to hear intelligent conversation so I'm writing them down now.

I spent most of the Christmas vacation working as much as I could. I still have worries of the New Year being thin on funds but that is a hurdle that I will jump when I get to it. I have an appointment book for the New Year that luckily for me started its dating a few days earlier so I could go ahead and leave the one for this year in the drawer. Seeing my appointments all in one place is something I enjoy, it keeps me focused and lets me know just when I can work and can not.

OK two calls about appointments, or about the same appointment rather. First they call to cancel it then apparently they can not read their own system and call to confirm it. What the heavens? And to make it worse they are the rudest of all appointments. Of course this would have been the last one and I am rather glad that it was cancelled. Now I wish I had not scheduled that OT appointment in the morning but we need it. Now to remind myself to tell the OT not to throw away the kid's treats. She meant well and I see what she was trying to do but they cost money. We need an alternative to throwing them away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!