Skip to main content

IEP, Therapy and Work

There is a lot to do this month. I have to get everything together for the IEP meeting, I began today by taking the questions from the school and going over them with the private therapists. I needed input from my ABA therapist and the private speech. Our private OT was her OT in the school this year and she has already put in the goals for inclusion in the IEP. 


We can all agree that she needs an aid. The speech therapist will have hers for me soon. I needed us all to collaborate so that I could write out the answers to the questions as detailed and clearly as possible. The goal is to ensure that the IEP is detailed and only has to be done once.


I figured out that I need to move my computer. The glare from the windows is too much for me to work through. I have to find a spot that I can charge my computer and hook up my printer with it out of the way when it is not in use.


Now that I"m done with the updates for now, I'll go back to working on getting ready for the meeting. That is if my printer will cooperate since I accidentally turned it off before the job was complete.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!