Skip to main content

Killing Time

I'm sitting in the speech office trying to kill some time. I figure my ad revenue is at $1 a day this month so far on my articles on one site. That'll mean that I make the $25 minimum payout by the end of the month, I really need to make it before the end of the month. I may promote some that income is something that I use to pay the phone bill. I need it to cover the Internet once again. I'm thinking of putting another blog up dedicated just to articles in a particular niche that I write to...or maybe doing it as a set of series in order to get all of them there.

I know I need to check and see which ones I have copies of and which ones I do not. That way I can keep up everything that I have done. I am thinking of going back to school, actually this will be approximately my fourth attempt at finishing my degree and I have no idea what I want to do.

I have had the majority of the day off and used it to write some of my own stuff. I also took some time to clean around the house a bit and discover that well needs a new control thing. I'm not sure what it's called or if the whole thing should be replaced or not but I'll know soon enough when I go to searching for them.

The recent string of storms and all the attention they brought to past storms made me think that a storm shelter is a high priority. This means that I need to keep supplies easy to grab, things like supplements that Theresa will need, baby wipes, pull-ups, trash bags, a privacy screen and a composting toilet to put in the storm shelter.

The problem is that those shelters are expensive and each one has its own disadvantages. I'm thinking a house with a basement would be nice. That way I could just walk down the stairs but it would have a side door too.

OK I'm done for now. I"m just killing a little time and rambling away helps with that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.