Skip to main content

Socialization

I would be in great need of socialization. I work from home because I refuse to deal with the public anymore. My outings are few, limited to shopping trips, therapy and the laundromat. That's pretty much it and I have nothing to do most days but work because I no longer have the funds to indulge in the luxury of a day off. I haven't even took the kid to a fast food place since summer started because of a lack of funds.

Reasons Behind No Socialization
 
We haven't even been to the free parks in the area because of gas prices. As I write this the cheapest listing for gas I can see is $3.07. Paying by text will make that $3.04 a gallon. We currently only have therapy but that's enough with the income in the summer going down. I plan to start putting some money aside when school starts so I can go socialize during school and take the baby to socialize after school or rather on weekends when work and homework permit.

That's a lot of money for gas, but I am determined to socialize more. I feel as if the walls are closing in on me and days run together. I need to take my socialization away from social media if my daughter is ever going to learn to socialize. Actually she craves socialization which is both good and bad in a way. It's good for her and bad for me.

Where to go?

I don't particularly care for bars, but I could go out to eat. I don't like bars, and I don't have the money to spend in them which kind of helps to avoid them. I can't think of a single thing that I'd like to do other than go to a movie. I guess I'll start by popping some popcorn and watching a few at home at night while reruns and shows I don't watch are on.

Well, I'm off to figure out something to do for fun around here. It's been a long time since I had fun, I have to get back to it.

What do you do for fun? Does your budget allow room to leave the house for something other than the regular routine?

#socialization 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!