Skip to main content

Internet Experiment


Actually I should call it the lack of Internet experiment a serious of events has created a domino effect which leaves me without home Internet until at least October. I say at least because it might not be on by then. It seems that despite all my efforts my expenses increasing, late payments and a serious of errors made the Internet a luxury. Yes, I realize the irony since I use it to work.

The recent confirmation that a particular client understood perfectly that there was a 9% fee on every payment they sent me and that they had no intention of covering it made me rethink private clients. It would seem I was not clear enough that I expect not only the article rate but the fees incurred to be covered by clients to prevent working for free. I know that I was not clear enough that I do not care to do work that has four hours of research and an hour to write the article for a tiny sum. Thanks to no Internet I am now free from that client. I have made a living without clients before, I am confident that I can do it again.

In the meantime I intend to take advantage of the Internet at the therapist office, local library and the Laundromat to work all that I can. Actually I will be writing without distraction from social networking sites and putting my work online later. My book is taking priority to get it in print, so a lot of time is spent searching out things I have already written to go into it while writing new things to type up into the document. My abandoned book efforts are going to be re-examined to see where they went wrong and the characters looked at more closely in the meantime.

ABA therapy while it has been a lifesaver is going to the waste side sooner than I had thought but I do not have a choice. Fitting it in was already making money tighter than I would have liked but now if I keep it my child’s basic needs do not get met. I have to purchase an obscene amount of supplements, Christmas and birthdays are coming leaving little room for error. There are still things to be done and items to be purchased before then such as brakes for the car which at last check came to the tune of $150. Yeah, got to get those before it gets worse and the price goes up. That would be bad.

I am hoping to get the brakes the first of October, but it will depend on the rest of the expenses since lights are not an option. I already have trouble with people making things up so the last thing that I need is for something to interfere and make them anything other than liars. It would seem that my dream of moving out of the country and not leaving a forwarding address is still light years away. I have seen what these people turn children into, it’s sad to say but enough time with them and children turn into creatures you would not willingly have in your home. That’s a complaint that is more appropriate when the child is grown and realizes people are avoiding them.

In the meantime I am going over expenses to see what I can cut and how much I can manage to earn in the time without Internet. I will at this point settle for enough to turn the service back on since it will save on the cost of gas. I am hoping to be able to get my house organized, progress made on my book and the yard under control in the meantime. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!