Skip to main content

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still


The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!
The word is pepper and the limit for this particular round is 75 words. This post is 71 words, click on the link to go to the official rules for the Flash Fiction challenge.

Comments

Red said…
I love this. I despise pepper. I have 218 things I use in place of it...unless it is cayenne. Mmm. Cayenne.
Red.
xxx
PS I completely forget about the stinking captcha. It is where my original comment went. Ugh.
Laurie said…
Thanks, and I'm going to see if I can't have sense enough to do away with the captcha, they annoy me. I have no idea why it's here. I'll check my settings.
Novroz said…
I like it. I know how it feels with cooking...often forgot something to put it ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Fiction: Irrational

The old house had to be up to code in less than a week. The wiring was fried, and the walls were crumbling. Demolition seemed to be the only answer but the irrational woman that had hired him insisted that it had to be fixed. It seemed she had a strange attachment to this pile of rotting lumber. The week passed and the house was no where near ready. She came in slamming doors leaving piles of rubble in her wake as the fragile walls gave way. Cracks in the foundation widened as she continued the tirade until the ceiling came down on her. In the mist of dust and debris someone heard a fading whimper as she expired with the house she loved so. Why is she so insistent that the house be fixed instead of simply demolishing it and starting over? Is it fitting that her end came with the end of the house? The word is irrational and this post comes in at 125 of the 150 word limit. Vist M3 for official rules and word list. Visit Redmund Productions to pick up the serious and rememb...