Skip to main content

Now for Christmas

Yes, the next holiday would be fast approaching, but before it gets here one of my children has a birthday. I have no idea what to get her. My girls are far from typical, so we run into this problem each year. This child will not come out and tell me what she wants anymore. She has a head for finances, or rather an understanding of broke and she understands that I am. Wise beyond her years, and I am working hard to correct the fact that for a while now I have been at the maximum with my expenses. 

When I say maximum I mean that there is nothing left in the event of an emergency. I miss my cable but it was a small sacrifice that didn't really open up the savings potential. Something else took it's place. My light bill is down but that again left room for repairs to be performed. The idea is to get everything fixed and tuck money away. I have to live here until I can find a place that I can afford and that takes pets. I don't want to buy anything down here. I don't want to spend my life down here.

My ex-husband refused to leave this place, and the baby's daddy well we can't afford to leave this place. The fact he was willing to leave this place was part of the attraction. I hate it down here. I can't explain it I just hate it.

Thanksgiving was non-existent except for a cake so, the baby was sick and I hate to cook. I've tried to make dinner in years past and been met with whining complaints, so maybe a lack of dinner this year will make people more thankful next year. The tree is still boxed up, the kid's presents haven't been wrapped. I have to clear a corner in the living room to put it for her. The decorations? They are all still decorations that she made in school. 

OK it's time to attempt to work, if I don't go back to work today there will be no payday at all next week. 
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Twenty Years of Lessons

The last twenty years have taught me things that I never learned in school. The lessons make me wonder what the big deal about finish this degree or that vocational program is. So what have I learned?

Starting Over. Again.

Life never goes the way we plan and that's okay. We just had a major change that I tried and tried to plan for only to have my plans fall apart every. single. time. It was when I stopped with the obsessive planning and pulling my hair out that it all came together. We're doing pretty good while we make the adjustment to home. Here's hoping that we'll be completely back on track soon.



Until next time, never listen to the voice that says you can't. Find the voice that says Fuck it I'm doing it.

Working it out

I was attempting to figure out yet another crisis when I determined the entire thing was basically in my head. The idea of being able to work from home again was one I had all but given up on until I determined that it was and is the only way to ensure that I achieve everything I need to achieve in a given day. I found help to renter this world from a friend.