Skip to main content

Romantic Monday Attempt

OK so Red over at M3  is doing this Romantic Monday thing. I figured I could try. She did something a bit unusual today, and I'm not all that sure I have Romance in my nature. I prefer reality to roses, chocolates and innuendo when not offered for comedic affect. Either way I'm attempting it. So here goes.


The chiming of the doorbell had awakened her from a daydream. The nervous delivery boy had a box, plain and absent of identifying marks. This did not stop her from knowing instantly what it was or who it was from; she tipped him, thanked him and closed the door in his face before he could reply.

She sat the box on the back patio and went in to grab a cup of hot chocolate with a little Southern Comfort. The blend was not one that most would enjoy but her taste had never been considered streamline with the rest of the world. Staring at the box as she held the warm cup in her hands was all that she could muster for a time. The morning silence was enough to calm her nerves to the point of opening the box.

The contents were all carefully wrapped, and one by one she took them out; taking the time to cherish each flash of memory that came with them she smiled until she stumbled upon the album that she had long since forgotten. Staring at the cover as she mindlessly rubbed the inscription her memory came back full force. Flowers littering the isle, tall and handsome in his uniform, the moments they stole between deployments. He had been her only one, and now the years they spent were all crammed into a box. Her days were numbered but she knew at the end of them she would find him once again.
2 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twenty Years of Lessons

The last twenty years have taught me things that I never learned in school. The lessons make me wonder what the big deal about finish this degree or that vocational program is. So what have I learned?

Lessons of Assumptions and Beliefs

Recently I went over a few lessons from the last twenty years. Today I have decided to exam a few of them. I have trouble focusing so having the lessons to look back on is a good way to focus my energy right now. Let's begin.......

Working it out

I was attempting to figure out yet another crisis when I determined the entire thing was basically in my head. The idea of being able to work from home again was one I had all but given up on until I determined that it was and is the only way to ensure that I achieve everything I need to achieve in a given day. I found help to renter this world from a friend.