Skip to main content

Planning Out the Year

There are a number of things in store for 2013, and the work schedule is filling as I write this. I have personal projects as well as earnings to keep up with so every moment being scheduled is pretty much a must. The first thing I'm beginnning the year with is for my sheer enjoyment however.

A month free from Netflix is where I'm starting. I am determined to have time off if it's no more than an hour a day. There are free sites for streaming I know, but Netflix is free (for the month) and has a few things I have not been able to find (not that I have had time to look) and I can put my computer on a stand and watch as I soak in a hot bath. (OK so that was too much information.)

I have a total of 14 personal projects in my spread sheet. Three of those have begun. Most of them have notes about what they are to be, or rather the idea that I have in my head for them. Scheduling is a bit slow at the moment since I have a wall calander for everyone, and my online calander. I have yet to get an appointment book to shove in my purse so I know when I can do what while I am out. I want one that is actually already broken into hours for me this year, it's less work and remembering on my part.

Anyway, three of the fourteen projects have been started with one having the potential to develop into two, while another can be broken down into at least three, which means I have five going right now. There is one with the potential to expand on which makes me happy. Now as long as I do not start too many at one time I'll be ok.

Today I threw things out of my living room since it's the most commonly used room it tends to accumulate things. I watched Dennis the Menace, Saved by the Bell, Bones and Happily Divorced while I did it. All of them on my laptop which meant the shows moved around the room with me! I like that part, so it almost makes up for the tiny screen, at least I had color (well, for the ones made after color television was invented.)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!