Skip to main content

Exhausted

I'm completely exhausted but that's fine. I figured out an hour per class per day maximum. Then four hours of working time on something. What I have no idea, but I am determined that the amount of time spent picking up after creatures in this house is less than an hour a day. 


I am hoping that the dog does not make it a habit of waking me up at 3:30 in the morning. He is getting rather spoiled but his need for constant attention is increasing the amount of exercise I get each day. I'm getting better at doing two things at once. 

Right now I'm listening to lectures as I write this. I'll get just as much out of it as if I sit and watch the entire thing instead of just listening. I prefer to read the slides for the lecture at my own pace, it's less time consuming and I actually retain more of it. I can also do the dreaded house cleaning while I listen which means that all I have to do is listen as I perform the mindless tasks of picking up the kid's toys and the things the dog drug into the floor. Win, win. The only thing I can't do is vacuum while I listen to them.

I have two classes that are alike, and I've already discovered that the material for one will help answer the questions for the other. So that's like  only taking a single class. Not too much work there, the assignments appear to be similar so that's a plus as well. 

At some point I would need to get all of my notes over to the computer since I wrote them out by hand the first time. I temporarily forgot that I've been typing so long that my handwriting is horrible. I don't know when I'll be able to get them all into the computer but the fact I took them means I retained part of it. Given there is only one class that does not have slides available of the lecture, it's the only one I have no choice but to listen to, the others I can read the slides for!

Well, that's it for todays annoying updates. See you soon. Do you prefer to read it or hear to learn it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!