Skip to main content

Planning April

OK April is coming up in a few days, the new words for Flash in the Pan should be going up, and I'll be doing the A to Z challenge.

I have a new book coming out April 1st! Observations, Obsessions, Oddities! OK so maybe I'm a little excited. I'm working on another book hoping to complete the initial draft by the end of May, hoping.

Today I'm taking the short kid with me to let her pick out what she wants for Easter and to buy a few groceries to get by the rest of the week. I don't feel like a long trip, but she enjoys the outings so since Spring Break ends on Monday we are going today. 

I would have a short list, once I get it written to make sure we have a few things that we need and a few more things for meals. I am hoping I do not forget the mop and new broom this trip. My old dust pan finally bit the dust and is in desperate need of replacing as well.

Well, I have a budget to do and a shopping trip to take. There are a couple of things that have to be done before we can go so I'll be cutting my ramblings short today.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!