Skip to main content

P is for Patience

P is for Patience, it is something we learn though it is not always one of our strong points.

Children require patience as they are stumbling through the first steps of life learning what is what. You need patience at school to get through what can be a rather boring day when you already know the lesson, or a challenging day when you are trying to figure out what in the world is going on.

The simple act of shopping requires patience, when you take children it can be tricky to decide if it's your patience or theirs that wears thin. Children can be bossy in the store, but when they're the ones ready to go long before you've finished your list it's a bit surprising. 

What do you need patience to achieve? 

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi Laurie,
Great Post! I need patience with myself to finish all the commitments I have made to others. I don't have any patience with being sick, and I was sick for two weeks and unable to do what I needed to do. Now I have a backlog.

I just love the new look of your blog! It's bright and cheery. I remember when I had to shop with young twins in tow and they really taught me the meaning of short list haha.
Laurie said…
I'm trying to get ahead far enough I can take time off to spend with the kiddo. We need to work on a few social skills.

I'm glad it's bright and cheery, it's a Easter/Spring theme.

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.