Skip to main content

T is for Time

T is for Time. We only notice it when it slips away from us.

The clock has to be the most annoying thing every invented. It breaks the day up into chunks that make us rush around to fit everything in. Years tick by as days, weeks and months. With the passing of each year we grow older, wondering where yesterday went and why tomorrow is now today.

We are never guaranteed more time, yet we always seem to say we'll get to whatever it is that we put off doing today. The more time that passes the less we realize how much has actually passed. 

Looking back over the years there are days when things seem as if they were yesterday. Other times they feel as if they were a century ago. It is amazing the tricks that the passing of time plays on the mind.

Have you ever thought of something as being not that long ago to realize a decade or more had passed? 

4 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twenty Years of Lessons

The last twenty years have taught me things that I never learned in school. The lessons make me wonder what the big deal about finish this degree or that vocational program is. So what have I learned?

Lessons of Assumptions and Beliefs

Recently I went over a few lessons from the last twenty years. Today I have decided to exam a few of them. I have trouble focusing so having the lessons to look back on is a good way to focus my energy right now. Let's begin.......

Working it out

I was attempting to figure out yet another crisis when I determined the entire thing was basically in my head. The idea of being able to work from home again was one I had all but given up on until I determined that it was and is the only way to ensure that I achieve everything I need to achieve in a given day. I found help to renter this world from a friend.