Skip to main content

T is for Time

T is for Time. We only notice it when it slips away from us.

The clock has to be the most annoying thing every invented. It breaks the day up into chunks that make us rush around to fit everything in. Years tick by as days, weeks and months. With the passing of each year we grow older, wondering where yesterday went and why tomorrow is now today.

We are never guaranteed more time, yet we always seem to say we'll get to whatever it is that we put off doing today. The more time that passes the less we realize how much has actually passed. 

Looking back over the years there are days when things seem as if they were yesterday. Other times they feel as if they were a century ago. It is amazing the tricks that the passing of time plays on the mind.

Have you ever thought of something as being not that long ago to realize a decade or more had passed? 

Comments

Sherri Lackey said…
Yes, I've thought that many times! It really does seem like time is speeding up. :D
Laurie said…
Some days it feels like you're stuck in a time warp. :D
Anonymous said…
That just happened to me today... I was remembering when I moved to MN from San Diego (1996) and was shocked (SHOCKED, I tell you!) to realize that was going on 13th anniversary in June!!! I'd always thought of San Diego as the biggest chunk of my life, but that was only 20 years... I've been back in MN now for nearly (relatively speaking) as long!!!
great post, Laurie!!

:)
PS: time/clocks/calendars - all reason why I'm reading this 4/24 post on 5/4...
Laurie said…
I was just thinking of a man I used to date, at the time his little girl was about 2, she's at least 18 now. One of my friends gave up a child in high school, and it's almost legal for her to make contact now. Funny, it seems like yesterday I was but a child myself.

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Fiction: Irrational

The old house had to be up to code in less than a week. The wiring was fried, and the walls were crumbling. Demolition seemed to be the only answer but the irrational woman that had hired him insisted that it had to be fixed. It seemed she had a strange attachment to this pile of rotting lumber. The week passed and the house was no where near ready. She came in slamming doors leaving piles of rubble in her wake as the fragile walls gave way. Cracks in the foundation widened as she continued the tirade until the ceiling came down on her. In the mist of dust and debris someone heard a fading whimper as she expired with the house she loved so. Why is she so insistent that the house be fixed instead of simply demolishing it and starting over? Is it fitting that her end came with the end of the house? The word is irrational and this post comes in at 125 of the 150 word limit. Vist M3 for official rules and word list. Visit Redmund Productions to pick up the serious and rememb...