Skip to main content

Tablecloth (100)


“Cheeseburger, fries, coke.”



“Anything else?”

“Honey bun, heated with cheese.”

“Cheeseburger, fries, coke and a honeybun with cheese. Got it.”

Hopefully the food would be better than the atmosphere. Eating somewhere with peeling paint and broken chairs wasn’t her first choice but it would have to do. She had brought her own tablecloth; the looks were priceless but at least it was clean.

Why is she eating somewhere with peeling paint and broken chairs? Is it the only place to eat in town? Why is she carrying around a tablecloth?

The word is tablecloth, the limit was 100 words and this post comes in at 63 words. Click the link to find M3 and the Flash in the Pan Challenge.

Comments

Red said…
I would not have looked at her strangely. If she brought it with her, she is either OCD or knows the place. I am guessing she knows it to have ordered the bun with cheese. (It is rarely on the menu.) If it was me, I would have ordered to go. ;)
Laurie said…
I would have walked out at the surroundings, peeling paint and broken chairs would have made me lose my appetite.
Novroz said…
I am guessing she is going to surprise her boyfriend who is working at construction :)
Laurie said…
He could be fixing the place I suppose.

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.