Skip to main content

Day 11: My Family

Yes it is time to talk about family. I don't know about you but mine is insane.

My family is oddly constructed. The age gap in my children apparent. You see each one is different, each one holds a piece of my heart in a different way.

My oldest (our middle) daughter was born with jet black hair just like I was and looks more like me each year, except for her father's dark completion.
Meeting Little Sissy

Our youngest (only one together) was born with a fine wisp of blond hair and eyes so blue they were black. The blue eyes, her daddy's contribution.  Each day of the last six she has looked more and more like I once did at her age. The face she resembles me cannot be denied. 

The littlest angel is also an autistic angel. She was the fulfillment of a request from big sis. Jas wanted a little sister, specifically a little sister from mommy. (Her father and I were divorcing when she began her quest and had divorced completely by the time she made the request specific enough to be a sister.

Great Grandma is funny
Actually when she found out mommy was giving her a little sister her response was "good I wanted a sister anyway." Told not to ask for a little brother she informed me she did not want one. 

That was what seems like forever ago now. My Grandfather lived long enough to meet my oldest daughter, but not long enough to meet the baby. My grandmother lived long enough to see both. If you look closely you can see pictures of my children hanging on her walls. 

I'll spare you the photos of the dogs and the cats. My girls are 7 years, and two weeks apart. Jas wanted the short kid to share her birthday, the surgeon's schedule and timing did not make it so. Still she is happy, she got her wish and loves that autistic angel that asked for. 

Any way. That's the most important part of my family. What's the most important part of yours?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Calm

It's been so long that I'm not sure what it is anymore but I think I'm beginning to find calm. It is the feeling that allows you to find contentment in the smallest things. It does not have to be something major, it can be something as simple as a gentle breeze. There are a number of things that have a calming effect; I look forward to being able to do them. What are they? I'll tell you in no particular order. Walking on the beach. Drinking a beer by a bonfire. Sitting in front of a fireplace. Reading a book. Spending time alone just thinking or writing just to write. Calm is a nice feeling, and one that has been missed the last few years. Slowly it is returning that is why C is for calm.

Flash in the Pan Playing Along Still

The pages were bent and ragged from years of use, covers worn out from hands rubbing over them. There were bowls everywhere, the oven was still hot. She tasted it again, something wasn’t right. It was sweet, tangy but not right. What was missing? She scanned the room again to see. Onions maybe? No, but what could it be? She hit her head on the cabinet. A pepper that was it!